Several Founders, Co-Founders, CXO Bankers, CXO Fintech professional & people who participated in the ePanel discussions:
- Mr. Anil Shenoy, Director and Risk Management, First Data Corporation
- Mr. Vikas Pahwa, Senior Vice President, Citi
- Mr. Rakesh Watal, Head Liability Operations Western Region, HDFC Bank
- Mr. Zulkernain Kanjariwala, Head- IT Applications, IDFC FIRST Bank
- Mr. Anshul Srivastav, CIO & Digital Officer, Union Insurance
- Mr. Roopesh Chandran, Director Business Development, Visa Inc
- Mr. Maunil Gajjar, Manager Projects, Aurionpro
- Mr. Vikas R Panditrao, Co-Founder, Forum of Industry and Academic Knowledge Sharing (FIAKS)
- Many other CEO/CXO Bankers & Fintech professionals on FIAKS Forum requested to remain anonymous
With the world going online, phishing scams are on the rise and innocent and unaware customers are falling prey to it. Here’s another type of phishing scam that is attacking innocent customers “Hackers hit SBI users with a text phishing scam, request them to redeem credit points worth Rs 9,870” 
A quick snippet of this phishing scam:
- Users receive this suspicious text along with a link which when clicked upon redirects to a page where users are required to fill in personal details like name, contact details, email, email passwords, credit card details, CVV, etc, and after final submission, a thank you page appears.
Thereon, another member shared, “I got the same message in the name of RBL. Dear customer your RBL bank credit card points worth INR 9870 expired by today. Kindly redeem your points in cash by clicking here www(dot) bitlytodaypoints(dot)in(dot)net. Replace “dot” with “.” and you will get to know about the fraud.” Some other members also stated they are getting similar messages in the name of Kotak bank and IndusInd bank credit cards.
So, the question here is very simple and needs urgent attention, “Can RBI provide quick resolution (within 24hrs) for 2-digit or 3-digit or 4-digit valued frauds? Who has the time to fill lengthy forms of banking ombudsman?
Register and Read the complete bespoke report