Several Founders, Co-Founders, CXO Bankers, CXO Fintech professional & people who participated in the ePanel discussions:
- Mr. Zulkernain Kanjariwala, Head- IT Applications, IDFC FIRST Bank
- Mr. Amit Lakhotia, Angel Investor, Bharat Pe
- Mr. Ishan Vaish, India Partnership Manager- Worldwide Developer Relations, Apple
- Mr. Probir Roy, Co-founder, Paymate
- Mr. Arun Tanksali, Co-founder & CTO, Nearex
- Mr. Hemal Shah, former Technical Product Manager, Mastercard
- Mr. Ajay B Panicker, CEO & Founder, NetPay Limited
- Mr. Nilay Arora, Country Head & VP- Tencent
- Mr. Rakesh Watal, Head Liability Operations Western Region, HDFC Bank
- Mr. Rahul Dayal, Head- Information Technology, Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund
- Mr. Vikas R Panditrao, Co-Founder, Forum of Industry and Academic Knowledge Sharing (FIAKS)
- Many other CEO/CXO Bankers & Fintech professionals on FIAKS Forum requested to remain anonymous
Here goes another breaking headline – “Citibank’s $900 million mistake”  and for this biggest banking blunder Wipro was under the spotlight 
Now here’s a sort of alternative view that was reported – Citibank got into this mess due to a poorly designed UI 
Thereupon FIAKS community had a good debate around the importance of UI design with reference to Citibank’s 500 million blunder;
- Good UX is necessary. But, this person is not expected to be transferring millions of dollars by interpreting the buttons and boxes and figuring out entirely from that. The training was clearly flawed, the pseudo-checker process where things are approved by default is another red flag, the apparently large limit that guy could create transactions for seems surprising too. The UX was merely the last straw that broke the camel’s back.
- It’s a rather strange take when the Citibank fiasco was due to a product originally defined and developed by Citibank itself and is currently being developed and managed by Oracle. The users are Indian but the software is as American as apple pie.
- A member states, “no doubt, it is a big blunder. By seeing the image, I feel the systems of 90 and we are talking about UX, UI, and AI/ML. Usually, banks are keeping their thoughts and idea about the customer and make sure that how we please our customer and do banking with us. On the other hand, we never give that good feeling to internal officials to make their life better and error-free.”
- Here’s something funny – Gmail double checks with you before sending a mail with the word “attached” in it & no attachment or empty subject. But payment systems to transfer millions probably don’t even prompt you if you add 3 extra zeroes!
- A member stated, “what happened to the maker-checker, or 4/6 eye concept? Why did that fail? I can’t believe that too is because of UI/UX. As I see it, the entire maker-checker process has been diluted.”
- Thereon another member mentions, “during the SWIFT issue with a PSU a few years back I flagged the need for a superuser group, beyond the immediate “maker-checker-verifier/approver” chain, on each and every high-value entry and pre-determined red flag indicators provisioned with automatic triggers visible to folks not in the direct chain.”
Here’s a debate around the Indian software industry; Register and Read the Complete Bespoke discussions